Thursday, June 2, 2011

Plug in and Work Flow Template for Visual Studio 2010

While learning Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 I have search a lot for learning and during that search I have found some useful stuff which I want to share with you guys. When we work in Visual Studio there is almost every template there according to the developer needs from web application to desktop application and Silverlight  application to class library for both the Silverlight and desktop etc. But while working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, If developer work in the Visual Studio to develop plug in or work flow then there is no template in the visual studio. But during my search I have found two template for the visual studio for the Plug  in and work flow activity. You can download templates from the link as given below.
  1. Plug in
  2. Workflow Activity

After downloading from above link what you have to do is to place the above .zip file in the directory        \My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\CRM 2011. In directory  name I have created folder with name CRM 2011 which is appeared in the Installation folder which you can see in the Image 1.
Image 1
Note : When you create plug in project using the above mentioned template you have to add the reference of the microsoft.xrm.sdk dll which is placed in the bin folder of the CRM SDK as I have plae my CRM SDK in D drive so my path for the bin folder will be D:\Crm\CRM SKD 2011\bin.

All and any comments / bugs / suggestions are welcomed !

No comments: